Inspired by the gardening fascination and Tuscan cuisine appreciation of Zio Valerio, this gin features a small selection of botanicals the eponymous Val was fond of using while cooking.
Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin presents a complex and subtly pleasing sensation of flavors. Raise your glass and you’ll notice crisp aromas of sage and juniper. Your first sip will bring out a bright lemon taste, which gives way to a warm, spicy, lavender finish, softened by the coolness of cucumber. Each sip bolsters the botanical flavors, along with a continuous presence of piney juniper.
- Juniper - the quintessential gin ingredient, juniper adds a dash of that distinctive “gin” taste to Uncle Val’s.
- Cucumber: adds a cooling effect to the taste, along with subtle freshness cues.
- Lemon: the citrus zing provides balance amongst the botanicals, along with the added benefit of crispness.
- Sage: derived from the phrase “to be saved,” sage has been held in high regard throughout history both for it’s culinary and medicinal properties. Helps make you feel more alert, calm and contented, with the effects lasting.
- Lavender: historically used for its calming effect, it reduces stress, aids in sleep.